If you are using our service in or outside the United States, your information is stored in the United States. By using or downloading the Service, you agree that your personal information, including any information about your health that you provide directly to us or that we collect through your use of the Service, may be transferred to and stored in the United States.
The Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
We do not sell any personal information collected from your use of the RemoniHealth Service (RH Service).
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Service. When you register to use the Service, we collect the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address, phone number, and birthdate. We also collect any additional information you choose to add to your profile, including high-risk medical conditions, diagnosed eye diseases, ethnicity, and others.
When You Use RH Service. When healthcare professionals enroll you in the RH Service, we ask the healthcare professional to provide their National Provider Identifier (NPI) number. RH reviews and shares test information through the RH Service with your healthcare provider. Your test and profile data may be stored in the provider’s electronic medical record system, following their HIPAA-compliant processes.
We process your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Service.
- To research and develop new products and features, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent.
- For marketing, promotional, and informational purposes, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions or to contact you about products or information we think may interest you. You can opt-out of receiving these emails and text messages at any time as described below.
- To better understand how users access and use our Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Service and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other analytical purposes.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell any personal information collected from your use of the RH Service.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- RH Third Party Partners: With your consent, we may share information from the Service with other third-party partners, including your personal information and data collected from your devices.
- Your Healthcare Providers Or Family: With your consent, we may share your information, including information collected from your connected devices, with your healthcare providers and family members (e.g., immediate family or friends) that you designate to receive your information.
- Clinical Trial Studies: Physicians and staff of clinical trial programs may use the Service as a means of collecting data for the trial study. If the Service is used as part of a clinical trial study, we will use and share information about the clinical trial collected through the Service in accordance with our agreement with the clinical trial program and any privacy notices provided to you as part of the clinical trial program.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may share aggregate or de-identified information—so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual—with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- Health Researchers: We may share data collected through the Service with healthcare researchers and other research organizations, including de-identified profile information and data collected from your connected devices. For example, we may share information such as your gender, height, weight, information about medications you have provided, and data from your connected devices, but we will not share your name or other information that could identify you.
- Affiliates: We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers: We provide selected information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform service functions needed by us to run the business, such as providers of hosting, email communication, customer support services, analytics, marketing, and advertising, based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Business Transfers: If we become affiliated or combined with another organization, we will give affected users notice before transferring any personal information to a new entity.
- In Response to Legal Process: We may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Please note that our policy is to notify you of legal processes seeking access to your information, such as search warrants, court orders, or subpoenas, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so. Exceptions to our notice policy include exigent or counterproductive circumstances, such as when there is an emergency involving a danger of death or serious physical injury to a person.
We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate the usage of our Service. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Service. We use these tools to help us improve our Service, performance, and user experiences.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access to, Storage of and Deleting My Personal Information
You may access and modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service for a period of time. Your personal data, including test data, are stored and accessible on your device as well as in the cloud.
We store information associated with your account until your account is deleted. You can delete your account at any time by contacting Customer Support. Please note that it may take some time to delete your account information, and we may preserve it for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the “How Information Is Shared” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
- Opt-out of the sale of personal information.
- Know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold.
- Request deletion of personal information.
- Be treated without discrimination should you exercise these rights.
More information regarding the sources from which we collect personal information can be found above in the section titled “The Information We Collect About You.” Business and commercial purposes for which we collect your personal information can be found above in the section titled “How We Use Your Information.” Categories of recipients with whom personal information is shared or sold can be found in the section above titled “How We Share Your Information.”